[ic] makecat without creating tables

John Allman interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Oct 4 08:22:03 2002

George Osvald wrote:

>Is it possible to run makecat, create a catalog and then restart interchange
>without creating tables for the new catalog in the database?
>I would like to have two catalogs using the same database. One for US shop and
>one for Australian shop.

If i were you i'd just make an exact copy of both the html directory and
the interchange directory of the first catalog. in /etc/interchange.cfg
add a new line to reflect your new catalog, restart interchange and hey
presto! should all work fine. Obviously you'd need to update your web
servers configuration files as well, but you'd have to do that anyway.

good luck

John