[ic] Selecting a Database via Web, via InterChange

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Oct 4 09:38:02 2002

At 12:28 AM 10/4/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Excuse my Newbility...
>I have set up my interchange cart.  Everything but the database (as far as
>editing/updating via the web interface) is working great.
>
>I have MySQL on the server..ready to go.  Only thing is, I am not familiar
>with the way Interchange selects mySQL.  I am new to mySQL and new to
>InterChange.
>
>How do I utilize mySQL for use with my Interchange Cart?
>
>This is all I could find from my mySQL area ...but what do I need to do to
>get it working AND do I need to upload the database file to mySQL on my
>server OR will InterChange place it there?
>
>$dbh =
>DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:database_name_:localhost","username","<password>");
>
>I have been up and down the information and all I can find is where you can
>set if the db will be variable.  I can't seem to locate where it might allow
>you to choose what database you will run and such...like the way it lets you
>select which payment gateway you are using.  Is there such a field.
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Chris Bartholomew....Accomplished artist, struggling programmer.

With the distributed foundation demo, if you set the catalog variables as
follows:

MYSQL           1
SQLDSN          dbi:mysql:dbname
SQLUSER mysql_username
SQLPASS mysql_pass

...and reconfig the catalog (or restart Interchange), IC should connect to
mysql and build the tables for the catalog, provided that:

1. You have already created dbname in mysql, and given full privileges on
it to mysql_username

2. You have installed the Bundle::DBI and DBD::mysql Perl modules successfully.

- Ed L.

463 Main St., Suite D         eCommerce | Consulting | Hosting
Placerville, CA  95667        edl@newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (530) 622-9426 Fax