[ic] Sales Tax on Wholesale/Dealer Prices

ACforSale Inc interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Oct 4 18:55:00 2002

I can't find the answer to this in archives..

[Interchange 4.8] I want to set up "preferred customers" who will get
wholesale pricing (but not be listed as a dealer), however I need to be
able to charge sales tax on some of them (by State) but whenever I test
the preferred customer account I get a message saying that sales tax
$0.00 will be added. The same account on retail is charged the correct
tax. Is there a way to set preferred customers to pay the correct tax on
dealer (wholesale) pricing or alternatively offer a preferred discounts
on items purchased for more than a set value (not the value of the
entire order). Any help greatly appreciated.
This is what I have in cfg regarding preferred and default.

[ stuff deleted here]
Profile preferred  <<EOR
 {
 CommonAdjust => <<EOF,

                                     pricing:price_group,q5,q10
                                     :wholesale,
                                     ;:sale_price,
                                     ;:price,
                                     ;$,
                                     ==:options,
EOF
 NonTaxableField => 'nontaxable',
}
EOR

Profile default CommonAdjust   "pricing:price_group,q5,q10 :sale_price,
;:price, ;$, ==:options"
Profile default NonTaxableField nontaxable
Profile default PriceField 0

CommonAdjust   :sale_price, ;:price, ;$, ==:options
PriceField     0
[stuff deleted here]

Gerry