[ic] Single Unit and Case Quantities in IC 4.9.2

Jim Balcom interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Oct 5 09:11:04 2002

On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Alex wrote:

A>>For example: When viewing a lollipop as a retail customer
A>>you could purchase a single lollipop or buy a box of
A>>lollipops (if stocked - if not, box option would not
A>>appear). As a wholesale customer you could purchase
A>>possibly a single lollipop, a box of 80 lollipops, or a
A>>case of 6 boxes. All would have different sku's.
A>>
A>>
A>>Has anyone on the list implemented something similar or
A>>know where we can look for existing support? Any pointers
A>>in the right direction would be greatly appreciated and
A>>I'm sure any work we do we would be happy to give back to
A>>the project.

I have implemented something similar in the selling of adult diapers.

If a customer queries on 'Attends', for example, they get a display which
includes a price for just one diaper, a price for a bag of 22 diapers, as
well as a price for a case of 88 diapers. There are appropriate 'Buy Now'
buttons for each one.

All of this data for each product is pulled out of existing data bases.

If this comes close to what you are looking for, contact me off the list.

-= Jim =-

                   .-.
                   /v\
                  // \\
                 /(   )\
                 ^^ - ^^
          > Phear the Penguin <
              L  I  N  U  X

Tagline for Saturday, October 05, 2002 at 09:05 AM:
This isn't hell, but I can see it from here.

This Linux System has been up 161 hours