[ic] Selecting a Database via Web, via InterChange

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Oct 5 11:06:02 2002

At 04:00 PM 10/4/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Ok, so where would it be that I set these settings?  In
>/var/lib/interchange/foundation/products/varible.txt?  How do i get the
>stupid thing to not use GDBM (it seems insistent on that)?  I think I
>have all the rest of my automation done except this one.

If you look at the table definition files in yourcat/dbconf/mysql you will
see that some tables are still defined to be dbm's. You would want to
convert those to mySQL definitions and optionally add COLUMN_DEF's to each
file for the fields in those tables, if you want to go 100% SQL. I think
you would need to hard-code the SQL* variables I mentioned in my previous
post into catalog.cfg, very near the top of the file, in this case; leaving
them in the variable table would be putting the chicken before the egg.

- Ed L.