[ic] Why the """"too many quotes""""

Grant interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Oct 5 13:04:01 2002

>> > Did you edit your table in Excel?
>> >
>> > Rene
>> >

>> Yes, I did.  What can I do?  I can't see the quotes in the table (using
>> bbedit (UNIX settings).  Now What?
>
>I would say that Excel screws somehow up your data. Check the file you
>upload to IC that it is without the """" quotes. Try to export the file as
>tab-delimited, and not comma-separated.
>
>Rene

Excel definitely adds those quotes.  When I ran into that problem I looked
through the Excel docs and didn't think there was a way around it with the
way I needed it done.  What I ended up doing was saving the file as XLS,
importing into Access, and then exporting to txt.  Access doesn't add those
quotes.  Someone else on the list suggested I do that, and thanks again to
whoever that was.

- Grant