[ic] USPS Webtools APIs

Jon interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Oct 5 17:14:00 2002

Grant wrote:

> Have any of you guys used FedEx Ship Manager QuickShip?  It's a good piece
> of software, and I like it a lot better than FedEx.com for shipping.  If you
> can get them to hook you up with the kit you get a free thermal label
> printer, and the labels that come out are really nice.  You can set IC up to
> chron job a txt file of pending orders which you can import into QuickShip
> so there's pretty much no manual data entry.
>
> - Grant

    After what Jim mentioned I may be looking into FedEx again. And I really
want an automated process and I don't really want to spend the bucks for
Quicken; maybe some day in the future.  I did some brief reading on USPS's
stuff and was all gung-ho to work on it and now. . . Well if I can get decent
rates from FedEx, and what I'll be shipping doesn't really need to be over
nighted
i.e. ground should be fine, then FedEx may be the way to go.  The only problem
I can think of with FedEx and UPS versus USPS is not being able to ship to
a PO Box; this can cause a problem at a college campus.

Jon