[ic] USPS Webtools APIs

Grant interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Oct 5 17:48:00 2002

>    After what Jim mentioned I may be looking into FedEx again.
>And I really
>want an automated process and I don't really want to spend the bucks for
>Quicken; maybe some day in the future.  I did some brief reading on USPS's
>stuff and was all gung-ho to work on it and now. . . Well if I can
>get decent
>rates from FedEx, and what I'll be shipping doesn't really need to be over
>nighted
>i.e. ground should be fine, then FedEx may be the way to go.  The
>only problem
>I can think of with FedEx and UPS versus USPS is not being able to ship to
>a PO Box; this can cause a problem at a college campus.
>

>Jon

As far as college campuses, most of them are setting up boxes for their
students that aren't actual P.O. boxes.  Yeah they're boxes, but they have
names like "Suite #" and things like that so the students can receive
packages from UPS and FedEx.  FedEx is a problem when it comes to actual
P.O. boxes though, and APO/FPO military addresses too.

Also, what Quicken product are you referring to?

- Grant