[ic] address_book formating

Philip Alves interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Oct 5 17:56:01 2002

From: "Lyn St George" <lyn@zolotek.net>

> On Sat, 5 Oct 2002 16:51:40 -0400, Philip Alves wrote:
>
> > I guess my question is, what is the right structure?  Any thoughts or a
> >> shove in the right direction is much appreciated!
>
> If you don't have a copy of Interchange running locally on your own
machine,
> why don't you just download products/userdb.txt and open it up in a decent
> text editor (preferably one that shows "visible tabs", such as Med from
> http://www.utopia-planitia.de). From there on it's plain sailing.
>
> >Before I get screamed at for constantly asking the same thing over and
over,
> >I haven't gotten any response, and so am wondering if my emails are
getting
> >onto the list.  That, and I'm completely and pathetically lost, and time
is
> >running short for me now.  Please, please some help!
> >
> >Humbly,
> >
> >Phil
> -
> Cheers
> Lyn St George

Thanks for the tip on the text editor!  Looks pretty cool.  I'm going to
have to take a closer look.

I get the impression that maybe I wasn't clear before on what my problem is.
In the Interchange Databse Doc, the Address Book is described:

"The first field is always the name of the form variable that contains the
key for the entry. The values are saved with the [userdb
function=set_shipping] tag call, and are recalled with [userdb
function=get_shipping]. A list of the keys available is kept in the form
value address_book, suitable for iteration in an HTML select box or in a set
of links."

I tried to add the some additional addresses through ship_addresses.html to
get an idea of how it gets formatted.  After doing this, I tried to export
userdb to txt, but nothing happened, which just confused me more.

This is the content of ship_addresses.html:

[table-editor
     href="@@MV_PAGE@@"
     hidden.mv_action=back
  ui_hide_key=1
     table=userdb
  table_width="95%"
     auto_secure=1
  reload=1
     all_errors=1
  mv_blob_label="city"
  mv_blob_title="Shipping addresses"
  mv_blob_only=1
  mv_blob_field="address_book"
  mv_blob_nick="[cgi mv_blob_nick]"
     check.mv_blob_nick="
   regex ^[-\w\0]+$ 'Nickname must be of characters [-A-Za-z0-9]'
     "
     check.username="
   regex ^\w+$ 'Username must be of characters [A-Za-z0-9]'
   length 4-10
     "
     check.lname="required We need a last name...."
     check.fname="required We need a first name...."
     check.address1="required We need an address...."
     check.city="required We need a city...."
     check.state="required We need a state...."
     check.zip="required We need a postal code...."
     get=1
     ui_data_fields="username company fname lname address1 address2 city
state zip country phone_day"
     key="[data session username]"]

Am I right in thinking this writes address_book in Sql format?  What is the
equivalent of this in txt?

Of course, if there's a way to have a seperate shipping address table do the
same thing, that would help avoid all this nasty address_book business.
I've tried that, too, though with no luck.

Using 4.8.6 with gdbm.
I hope this makes my evil situation more clear.  If I should give more info,
please let me know.

Again, thanks to everyone for putting up with me!  :)

Phil