[ic] IC Woes

Doug Alcorn interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Oct 6 22:00:01 2002

Administrator <admin@retailagain.com> writes:

> I am having no luck getting this thing to run successfully. I always
> get page not found errors. I did everything default like the manual
> said but still no go.
>
> Is it possible that the ISP has something blocking IC as they do not
> support it.

Not likely to specifically block IC.  However, running IC on a host
you don't have root access to is problematic; not impossible, but
problematic.  At the least you'll need the cooperation of your ISP.  I
would find it nearly impossible to install IC without their
knowledge.  Your best bet is to either find a host that comes with
pre-installed IC or a dedicated host you can have root.

If you're really set on installing IC on your ISP's host, we'll
definitely need to see some more information than what you've given
here.  Error logs are always helpfull.

Tangent: Some people recommend Virtual Hosting.  I haven't tried it in
a year or so; however, my experience was bad.  Virtual hosting wasn't
enough like dedicated hosting.  There was too many special files that
would pork their virtual hosting software.
--
 (__) Doug Alcorn - Unix/Linux/Web Developing
 oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543