[ic] Why the """"too many quotes""""

Chris Bartholomew interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Oct 7 01:49:01 2002

>>> Yes, I did.  What can I do?  I can't see the quotes in the table (using
>>> bbedit (UNIX settings).  Now What?
>>
>> I would say that Excel screws somehow up your data. Check the file you
>> upload to IC that it is without the """" quotes. Try to export the file as
>> tab-delimited, and not comma-separated.
>>
>> Rene
>
> Excel definitely adds those quotes.  When I ran into that problem I looked
> through the Excel docs and didn't think there was a way around it with the
> way I needed it done.  What I ended up doing was saving the file as XLS,
> importing into Access, and then exporting to txt.  Access doesn't add those
> quotes.  Someone else on the list suggested I do that, and thanks again to
> whoever that was.
>
> - Grant

Well, I went through the files with Access.  Now the product group links do
not show up at all.  Just the catagories.  I am at a loss here.

Is it OK to post a link so that you can see what I am talking about?  This
is frustrating as I feel I am just overlooking something and I just can't
see it.  Any help is appreciated.

Chris