[ic] Why the """"too many quotes""""

Chris Bartholomew interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Oct 7 09:22:02 2002

>> Well, I went through the files with Access.  Now the product
>> group links do
>> not show up at all.  Just the catagories.  I am at a loss here.
> Why don't you check the products-file with Notepad? Excel, Access etc just
> screw up everything even more.
>
>> Is it OK to post a link so that you can see what I am talking about?  This
>> is frustrating as I feel I am just overlooking something and I just can't
>> see it.  Any help is appreciated.
> Just go ahead.
>
> I just don't understand why you don't save that file as a tab-separated
> file, and edit it with an non MivroShit product...
>
> Rene

Rene,

That is what I did the first time.  I took the DB out of XL and brought it
into Bbedit.  I also attempted to download it from the site as a text file
and edited it in BBEdit (like notepad - only UNIX friendly).

My first cart attempt worked great.  We blew a gasket somewhere else in the
site and had to reset the cart.  The next time I uploaded the files (as tab
deliminated, text - not MS stuff) and I got this quotation crap.  The only
difference was I was having the shop owner do the inventory and products in
XL.  I was taking those file verbatim and uploading into the cart.  That is
when the problems started.  So I took it all down and edited it in a text
file as I was told to do so.

So, I think I have scrubbed and scrubbed these files, but they seem to be
fubared.  Where do you suggest I try next?

Chris