[ic] re: BoA issues...possible fix for some.

Jarod McMillan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Oct 7 20:03:01 2002

Many people have been posting questions regarding the Bank of America
module. We had a issue that kept telling us that the boa wasn=92t
processing the orders.=20
=A0
For some of you the following post will get you going in the right
place:
=A0
http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2002-July/023594.h
tml
=A0
Others may find that this still doesn=92t work. That was what happened =
in
our case. We found that in many cases, on Linux distributions using the
2.4 kernel and above,=A0 you may have to take an additional step to get
this working:
=A0
=A0
At the prompt type this.
=A0
sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_ecn=3D0

This tells Linux not to use the congestion notification inside the IP
packets. This feature isn=92t supported on all systems yet, and as a
result, you=92ll get a timeout when trying to connect to them. At the =
time
of this message, the Bank of America gateway is one such system.
=A0
=A0
Hope this helps=85

Jarod McMillan