[ic] Credit Card Encryption Problems

Tom Harty interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Oct 8 12:42:00 2002

--- "Barry Treahy, Jr." <Treahy@MMaz.com> wrote:
> Tom Harty wrote:
>
> >I'm having a problem about every 30 or so errors
> where
> >credit card shows up as "O".
> >
> >error Log says:
> >
> >/cgi-bin/nsm/process.html PGP failed with status
> 3072:
> >
> >the pgp .error file in /tmp says:
> >
> >gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
> >

> Read the GPG README and installation file, it'll
> tell you about this as
> it has nothing to do with IC.
>
> Barry

[snip]

I think I need to explain this differently.  I'm not
complaining about the gpg memory warnings.  I'm
complaining there isn't any other errors/warnings,
since the memory warning isn't fatel.  The memory
warning appears in the .err file even if the CC number
gets encrypted just fine.  What I'm saying is,
randomly, something fails.

This looks like the exact same problem noted here in
June:

http://interchange.redhat.com/pipermail/interchange-users/2002-June/021875.html

>From what I'm reading here they got it down to only
happening every few days, but never completely closed
the problem.

ideas?

Tom Harty