[ic] Large IC site and precise photo representation

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Oct 8 12:45:02 2002

This is more directed to the larger IC sites, but basically, do you
receive a lot of grief for not having a precise photographic
representation for each of your products?  Asked differently, if you
have tens of thousands of products, do you actually have a unique and
specific photo for each of those and if not, how have you managed to
avoid the flack of folks complaining about it not being 'precisely' the
same?

We sell electronic components and out of the dozen of extremely positive
customer comments we have received, we had one person whine about the
fact that the connectors on the picture didn't actually match the
product specification.  Obviously the owner is reacting to the one
single comment rather than the volume of positive ones, but
realistically we cannot possibly photograph, photo-edit, and place
images for 22,000 parts.

Any thoughts or comments?

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028