[ic] Interchange goes to sleep?

Aaron Hazelton interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Oct 8 12:52:00 2002

Barry Treahy, Jr. wrote:
> Aaron Hazelton wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I have a local Intranet set up based upon IC and it works
> >great.  I have noticed, though, that upon the first access of
> >IC every morning, it takes approx 30 sec for a page, search
> >or anything from IC to come up.  I have confirmed that it
> >is not apache or mysql.  this is not a big deal, but just a
> >nuisance.  Is IC supposed to 'sleep'? or do I need to adjust
> >some settings? After this first page that is slow, everything
> >else is instant since it is a local network.
> >

> Is you machine low on RAM or do you have a lot of other
> processes that
> may be causing IC to swap out while idle?
>
> Barry

there are no processes to speak of, there is no one accessing
the server at night.  someone else mentioned swap, and that
makes sense, I hear a lot of disk activity when it is trying to
be accessed for the first time each morning... I just don't
know much about linux swap memory, prob just needs ram
I would guess.

Aaron