[ic] Can't delete items from UI except as superuser, causes 500

Jonathan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Oct 8 13:28:01 2002

> Well, you are not insane. I happened to have a 4.8.6 foundation demo
> setup; I changed it to MySQL (which is probably irrelevant with this
> issue), logged in to the UI, created a new non-su admin in the
> Merchandising group. When I logged in as that admin, went to the item
> list and tried to delete something I got an internal server error.
>
> It is just a matter of UI permissions. Log back in as su and edit the
> permissions of the user which is giving you trouble. Ensure that they
> have full permissions on the item editor, and save the changes. Then
> log back in as that user. You should be able to delete items - it
> worked for me.
>
> Dirty little secret: the foundation demo is never "finished" - there
> are always bugs and blind spots.
>
> - Ed L.

THANK YOU!!! that did it. Group permissions were set fine, but user
permissions were blank. Apparently user & group permissions have to
agree, or user permissions take precedence, whatever it is. I can't
believe i spent 2 days on this *#&$.
Thanks again.