[ic] Charging Sales tax to Billing Address, not Delivery address

Jim Balcom interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Oct 8 15:11:01 2002

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Joshua Lavin wrote:

JL>>on 10/8/02 7:35 AM, Rick Shank at rickshank@banklogic.net wrote:
JL>>
JL>>> I totally agree.  What I'm saying was mixed up in my request.
JL>>>
JL>>> Say we're from Pennsylvania (PA), and only have locations here.
JL>>>
JL>>> If someone from PA orders an item (thus the billing address is from PA),
JL>>> but sends it as a gift to someone in FL (delivery/shipping address), this
JL>>> should be taxed, at least here in PA.    But, the default Interchange
JL>>> behavior only goes off of the shipping/delivery address.
JL>>>
JL>>> ~rick shank
JL>>
JL>>I talked to an accountant the other day, and mentioned that question. He
JL>>said it should be taxed based on the shipping address, just like IC does it.

That is the policy in Virginia, too.

We charge sales tax only  on those items being delivered within Virginia.

-= Jim =-

                   .-.
                   /v\
                  // \\
                 /(   )\
                 ^^ - ^^
          > Phear the Penguin <
              L  I  N  U  X

Tagline for Tuesday, October 08, 2002 at 15:05 PM:
He who always plows a straight furrow is in a rut.

This Linux System has been up 239 hours