[ic] VendURL directive

mike karthauser interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Oct 9 06:10:01 2002

I have been attempting to install ic for a few weeks.
I installed ic from the ports on freebsd (4.7 prerelease) and have upgraded
to perl 5.8.
I have installed the ap and havr run bin/makecat successfully.

so I

kiop# su interch
kiop% bin/interchange restart
Low traffic settings.
Calling UI......UI is loaded...
Running FreeBSD; disabling $0 set
Interchange V4.8.6
Configuring catalog foundation...foundation config error: Please specify the
VendURL directive in the configuration file 'catalog.cfg'

foundation: error in configuration. Skipping.
foundation: config error. Skipping.
Interchange server started in UNIX mode(s) (process id 38595)

so its bombed out.
kiop% locate catalog.cfg
/data/projects/interchange/interchange-4.8.6/blib/catalog.cfg
/data/projects/interchange/interchange-4.8.6/dist/foundation/catalog.cfg
/data/projects/interchange/interchange-4.8.6/extensions/quickbooks/qb.catalo
g.cfg
/home/mike/catalogs/foundation/.AppleDouble/catalog.cfg
/home/mike/catalogs/foundation/.~.catalog.cfg
/home/mike/catalogs/foundation/catalog.cfg
/usr/local/interchange/foundation/catalog.cfg

which one of these do i need to edit?
/home/mike/catalogs/foundation/catalog.cfg ?

and what do i need to do with it?

VendURL    http://__SERVER_NAME____CGI_URL__
SecureURL  __SECURE_SERVER____CGI_URL__

I am looking at