[ic] VendURL directive

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Oct 9 06:19:01 2002

> I have been attempting to install ic for a few weeks.
> I installed ic from the ports on freebsd (4.7 prerelease) and
> have upgraded
> to perl 5.8.
> I have installed the ap and havr run bin/makecat successfully.
>
> so I
>
> kiop# su interch
> kiop% bin/interchange restart
> Low traffic settings.
> Calling UI......UI is loaded...
> Running FreeBSD; disabling $0 set
> Interchange V4.8.6
> Configuring catalog foundation...foundation config error: Please
> specify the
> VendURL directive in the configuration file 'catalog.cfg'

Its talking about /home/mike/catalogs/foundation/catalog.cfg. It has a line:

	VariableDatabase variable

Your setting is loaded from the Variable table in
<catroot>/products/Variable.txt

Most likely you do not have your permissions set correctly in your catalog
structure, specifically your products directory. Make sure the Interchange
daemon user (usually interch) has read/write access to the directory and all
files within it.

good luck!

Jonathan
Webmaint.