[ic] sale_price - FIXED!

Chris Slaght interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Oct 9 11:24:02 2002

> I am trying to get the sale_price variable to allow me to show a "Your
> Price" and the "Retail Price".
>
> I enabled the sale_price variable in the UI so I could add different
pricing
> than the normal price and I see there is a directive in the catalog.cfg
> (CommonAdjust) I am guessing to override the price varaible with
sale_price
> if it exists.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Checked the archieves and found alot on Quantity discounts but nothing
that
> really would help me??

OK.. this was so easy I don't know why I did not think of this last night.
As mentioned, I added the "sale_price" variable to the UI (under items meta)
to support adding a "sale".
Entering any number in the new "sale price" field would override the normal
price field.

So... All I did was write an little piece of code to display [item-field
price] and [item-price].  Now it will display the actual price and the
overridded sale price (nice english i  know).

Here is the snip of code from my results.html:

Hope it helps someone else!

Chris Slaght