[ic] interchange and authorizenet

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Oct 9 11:27:00 2002

At 10:27 PM 10/08/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I've been trying to set up interchange version4.8.6 (located on my isp) -
>and have been reading the mailing lists vigorously and have tried many
>things, and am desperate for help. Here are my current settings:
>
>   My ISP  nomonthlyfees.com  - using cpanel 5.0.0-RELEASE
>   Interchange Ver: 4.8.6
>   AUTHNET_HOST  secure.authorize.net
>   AUTHNET_ID  my authorize.net login
>   AUTHNET_MODE   authorizenet
>   AUTHNET_REFERER  www.fizertech.com
>   AUTHNET_SECRET  my authorize.net pass
>   AUTHNET_SERVER  secure.authorize.net
>   ENCRYPTOR
>   MV_DEMO_MODE   0
>   MV_PAYMENT_ID  my authorize.net login
>   MV_PAYMENT_MODE  authorizenet
>   MV_PAYMENT_REFERER
>   MV_PAYMENT_SECRET  my authorize.net pass
>   MV_PAYMENT_SERVER  authorizenet
>   PAYGATE   authorizenet
>   PGP_KEY
>   SECURE_ENABLE  1
>   SECURE_SERVER    https://fizertech.com
>   UI_SECURE
>
>   My authorize.net settings are set according to the posts i've seen on this
>list.
>
>This is the error when i try to process:
>
>There were errors in your last submission:
>(authorizenet): Charge operation 'authorizenet' failed.
>
>Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
>
>thanks for your time.
>Rob

Along with a few other things that could be the trouble, you must ask your
host if interchange.cfg contains this directive:

Require module Vend::Payment::AuthorizeNet

...if not, they need to add it to interchange.cfg and restart interchange -
this cannot be done at the catalog.cfg level, though they may tell you to
try that. Also, they need to ensure they have the required perl module(s)
installed - info is available in perldoc form in the AuthorizeNet.pm module
itself.

-Ed L.

463 Main St., Suite D         eCommerce | Consulting | Hosting
Placerville, CA  95667        edl@newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (530) 622-9426 Fax