[ic] Fedex.pm Fix Download Link

Rich Barton interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Oct 9 12:04:10 2002

> > >interchange-users mailing list
> > >interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
> >
> > I downloaded and tried out the Fedex.pm, and fedex_query.tag files > you
> > posted to the newsgroup, I noticed that you changed the
> > parameters that get
> > passed into Fedex.pm and fedex_query.tag, so it breaks existing code
>that
> > uses the old stuff.  Other than that the update to Fedex.pm works
> > fine for
> > all FedEx shipping methods.
> >
> > -Rich
> >

>Hi Rich,

>Can you let me (us?) know what existing code you had to change to
>make the
>new .pm and .tag work?

>I've uploaded the new files and restarted IC, but don't get any FedEx
>shipping options.

>Thanks,
>Dave LaTourette
>Davesport LLC
>ph. 425-888-4444
>fax 425-888-6444
>www.davesport.com

Dave,

Did you have FedEx shipping options before you replaced the files? If your
using a foundation based catalog, You need to make sure the shipping methods
are defined in the shipping.asc file, and that the shipping methods you want
to use are set for each country in the country table.

I actually ended up modifying the new fedex.pm module, and only changing the
old fedex_query.tag in one place.

My requirements are different in that I don't worry about shipping to FedEx
Ground, if you need FedEx Ground it would be simple to update the
fedex_query.tag without breaking anything else.

In Fedex.pm I basically tried to roll parameters back to what they
originally were ie origCountry should be orig_country and left the new
parameters such as dimLength alone.

In fedex_query.tag I changed FedEx 2-Day to be FedEx 2Day.

Here's a link to the code I use:
http://www.bartons.org/fedex.tar.gz

-Rich