[ic] Relationships of Area.txt and Cat.txt

Chris Bartholomew interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Oct 9 16:32:01 2002

Can someone kindly explain the relationship between CODE and SEL of the
Area.txt and the Cat.txt.  As far as this goes, I think this is my problem
on the left hand side navigation.

In the Cat.txt... These are my 3 rows (the first two should appear under
BRAS and the 3rd should be under PANTIES on the left hand navigation ( I am
also assuming that SEL will dictate what PROD_GROUP these will go under =AD a=
I wrong?))

code    sel    name                        sort    display_type    link_typ=
selector
63       48    Seamless Demi Bras     5       name                simple
category=3DSeamless Bras
62       48    Demi Cup Bras              5       name                simpl=
category=3DDemi Cup Bras
61       51    Second Skin Hipsters    5       name                simple
category=3DBriefs=20

In the Area.txt... These are my 4 rows (showing the top and left for BRAS
and top and left for PANTIES)
code    sel     name    which_page    sort    display_type    link_type
tab                 search            selector
50        left    Panties      all                 5           name
products         tf=3Dcategory    prod_group=3DPanties
51        top    Panties      all                 5           name
simple      products         tf=3Dcategory    prod_group=3DPanties
48        left    Bras           all                 5           name
products         tf=3Dcategory    prod_group=3DBras
49        top    Bras           all                 5           name
simple      products         tf=3Dcategory    prod_group=3DBras

In the area.txt, under SEL, does the left determine that this category is
UNDER a group and TOP is a Group?  If so, I would want to place a link_type
on the ones that are LEFT, right?  Is simple the type of link I want? I wan=
it to link to all the items in that category.

I am very confused at this point.  I have read what was on
www.interchange.rtfm.info for what the table does, but I got more confused
without clear examples.