[ic] Slow advancedsearch results

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Oct 9 17:27:00 2002

Initially, I had yanked this from my site as the results were truly
painful with dbm.  Since we've running running on mySQL for the past
weeks, I figured that I would back track some of the issues that I could
not address, or figure out, prior to the launch and sadly, even with SQL
my wildcard searches are still painfully slow.

It appears that that is killing me is when the op code for the column is
a rm rather than an eq.  Is there another way to state a search that
basically examines the column for the content that may not be an exact
match which is faster?

Below is the past of the actual search, thanks...

Barry

              <form action="[area search]" method=post>
                <input type=hidden name=mv_session_id value="[data
session id]">
                <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_check VALUE="Upcase Input">
                <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_coordinate VALUE=1>
                <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_searchtype VALUE=db>
                <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_matchlimit VALUE=[control
matches 10]>
                <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_sort_field VALUE=category,sku>
                <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field VALUE=[scratch
AllowGroup]>
                <input type=hidden name=mv_substring_match value=0>
                <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_column_op VALUE=eq>
                <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_searchspec VALUE=X>
                      <input type=hidden name=mv_substring_match value=1>
                      <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_column_op VALUE=rm>
                      Search for <input type="text" name=mv_searchspec>
in the
                      <select name=mv_search_field>
                        <option value="sku">Model #
                        <option value="title">Description
                        <option value="oldsku">Old Midwest Model #
                        <option value="related">Industry/Related Model #
                        <option value="xref">Other Vendor Model #
                      </select> field.
                      <input type="image" alt="Search"
src="__THEME_IMG_DIR__search.gif" border=0>

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028