[ic] Accessing search string on results.html

Bryan Gmyrek interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Oct 9 17:28:00 2002

How do I access the search string in results.html?
In templates/components/search_box_small
There is:
              <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_coordinate VALUE=1>
              <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_searchtype VALUE=db>
              <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_matchlimit VALUE=[control matches 10]>
              <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_sort_field VALUE=category>
              <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field VALUE="*">
              <input type=hidden name=mv_substring_match value=1>
              <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_column_op VALUE=ne>
              <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_column_op VALUE=rm>
              <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_searchspec VALUE=1>
              <INPUT MAXLENGTH=30 NAME=mv_searchspec type=text size=15>
              <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=banner_text value=??want this to be the search string??>
Ideally what I'd like to do is set banner_text to the user's input (in
addition to mv_searchspec of course) and
then use this to display as the title on the search results page.  This
way the title will be more descriptive (I guess it would be good to
capitalise the words...)
I.E. if someone inputs into the search box:
long stem roses
I want the results.html to have the following title:
long stem roses - From FooStore.com
Or, after capitalisation
Long Stem Roses - From FooStore.com

This is probably a FAQ but I couldn't find it.

If it isn't easy to do with banner_text then can I do it with
mv_searchspec?  I tried [value mv_searchspec] but I get something like
ARRAY(0x880fe...)

Thanks,
Bryan