[ic] Accessing search string on results.html

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Oct 9 17:46:02 2002

Bryan Gmyrek wrote:

>How do I access the search string in results.html?
>In templates/components/search_box_small
>There is:
>              <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_coordinate VALUE=1>
>              <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_searchtype VALUE=db>
>              <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_matchlimit VALUE=[control matches 10]>
>              <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_sort_field VALUE=category>
>              <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field VALUE="*">
>              <input type=hidden name=mv_substring_match value=1>
>              <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_column_op VALUE=ne>
>              <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_column_op VALUE=rm>
>              <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_searchspec VALUE=1>
>              <INPUT MAXLENGTH=30 NAME=mv_searchspec type=text size=15>
>              <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=banner_text value=??want this to be the search string??>

[perl]
my $tmp = $CGI->{mv_searchspec};
$tmp =~ s/\[//g;
$tmp =~ s/1\0//g;
return $tmp;
[/perl]

This should at least return the results from the search with the first
search looking for the number 1 removed, only leaving the results from
the second TEXT input...

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028