[ic] Address book and Accounts book

Jeff Dafoe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Oct 9 22:40:01 2002

> WRT a virgin Address/Accounts book in Foundation unmodified, I was under
the
> impression that when you created and/or recalled a new address, it was
only
> inserted into scratch values, for that session. It seems through
> experimentation that what happens is the new address gets written into
> userdb.

    I am doing some work with this today, although not on a foundation-based
catalog.  However, a brief look at the account.html leads me to believe the
following modifications should occur:

remove:
[userdb function=get_billing_names]
[userdb function=get_shipping_names]

replace with:
[userdb load]

I base this on two theories.  The first is that the account.html page
doesn't use any billing or shipping names so that code is pointless.  The
second is that after loading an address book entry, the scratch values for
billing and shipping are overwritten and userdb load will reload the default
values from the user database.  Either or both of these theories could be
erroneous, though.

Jeff