[ic] Accessing search string on results.html

Bryan Gmyrek interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Oct 9 23:17:00 2002

>>How do I access the search string in results.html?
>>In templates/components/search_box_small
>>There is:
>>              <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_coordinate VALUE=1>
>>              <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_searchtype VALUE=db>
>>              <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_matchlimit VALUE=[control matches 10]>
>>              <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_sort_field VALUE=category>
>>              <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field VALUE="*">
>>              <input type=hidden name=mv_substring_match value=1>
>>              <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_column_op VALUE=ne>
>>              <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_column_op VALUE=rm>
>>              <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_searchspec VALUE=1>
>>              <INPUT MAXLENGTH=30 NAME=mv_searchspec type=text size=15>
>>              <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=banner_text value=??want this to be the search string??>
>>

>[perl]
>my $tmp = $CGI->{mv_searchspec};
>$tmp =~ s/\[//g;
>$tmp =~ s/1\0//g;
>return $tmp;
>[/perl]
>
>This should at least return the results from the search with the first
>search looking for the number 1 removed, only leaving the results from
>the second TEXT input...

Thanks, this worked for the form searches.  However when I use a search
like:
http://www.fakesite.com/cgi-bin/art/scan/sf=category/se=SomeSearchString.html
The results page displays normally, no 'SomeSearchString' in the title as
I have specified.  I thought that mv_searchspec corresponeded to se...
Any idea how to get this to work?

Thanks,
Bryan