[ic] Accessing search string on results.html

Chris Bartholomew interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Oct 9 23:40:01 2002

I am trying to make a pull down menu based upon sizes.  It seemed simple and
I was using the Advanced_Search.html as my initial guide...that and the
small_search file.

What I want initially is to have the user select from a predefined pulldown
menu of sizes to do a search on the products.  What I REALLY want is to have
it pull ALL AVAILABLE sizes from the products.txt table from the Field
"bra_size".  I am no where near the second one, and the first one is not
working.  I know it should not work, but I just can't see through all the
red in my eyes to figure it out.

Here is the code I was using for my "small_pulldown" page in my Components
folder.

<!-- BEGIN COMPONENT [control component pulldown_small] -->
[comment]
ui_component: pulldown_small
ui_component_type: vertical
ui_component_group: search
ui_component_label: Small pulldown

matches:
    widget: select
    help: Matches to return to page

[/comment]

      <form action="[area search]" method=post>
      <input type=hidden name=mv_session_id value="[data session id]">
            <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_coordinate VALUE=1>
          <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_searchtype VALUE=db>
          <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_matchlimit VALUE=[control matches 10]>
          <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_sort_field VALUE=category>
          <input type=hidden name=mv_substring_match value=1>
          <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_column_op VALUE=ne>
          <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_column_op VALUE=rm>
          <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_searchspec VALUE=1>
          <select name=mv_search_field>
<OPTION SELECTED> 30A
<OPTION> 30B
<OPTION> 30C
<OPTION> 30D
<OPTION> 32A
<OPTION> 32B
<OPTION> 32C
<OPTION> 32D
<OPTION> 34A
<OPTION> 34B
<OPTION> 34C
<OPTION> 34D
<OPTION> 34DD
<OPTION> 36A
<OPTION> 36B
<OPTION> 36C
<OPTION> 36D
<OPTION> 36DD
<OPTION> 38DD
<OPTION> 38A
<OPTION> 38B
<OPTION> 38C
<OPTION> 38D
<OPTION> 38DD
</SELECT>
          <input type="image" alt="Search Go" width="45" border="0"
src="__THEME_IMG_DIR__go.gif">
      </form>

<!-- END COMPONENT [control component pulldown_small] -->

Any thoughts?

Chris