[ic] We're sorry, the Interchange server is unavailable...

John Allman interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Oct 10 04:33:00 2002

mikek wrote:

>on 9/10/02 19:21, Rene Hertell at interchange-users@hertell.com wrote:
>

>>the link-file that you should be checking is in your cgi-bin directory
>>(/home/httpd/cgi-bin or whatever). Check the rights on that one too.
>>
>>I would say that all ic files should belong to interch and to the group
>>interch. The catalog itself should be manageable by interch (same group as
>>interch etc.)
>>

>Looks like I'm going to have to check my apache settings as i cant seem to
>trace a cgi-bin that follow the above format.
>
>My apache server is running and serving. I haven't tested the cgi component
>of apache yet on this platform - i know its installed as the port wont
>install without it.
>
>Thanks for you help. By the time you are back online tomorrow hopefully i
>will be up and running.
>
>---
>Mike Karthauser - email:mikek@brightstorm.co.uk - phone:0117 9426653
>brightstorm - curiously online - http://www.brightstorm.co.uk

you ran makecat. it would have asked you a question about where the cgi
directory is. thats the directory you are looking for (the answer that
you gave). in that there should be a file with the same name as the
catalog you created with makecat. this is the link file that rene
refered to. If you look in your apache configuration there should be a
ScriptAlias line - since you get as far as "We're sorry, the Interchange
server is unavailable..." it looks like you have this set to the correct
cgi directory. So there will be a line like ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/
/var/http/cgi-bin or something. look in the directory its talking about
for a file matching the catalogs name and check the permissions.

good luck

John