[ic] cant find documentation for creating second shopping cart

John Allman interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Oct 10 06:24:01 2002

Mike Heins wrote:

>As with most IC things, it is just a perl data structure.
>
>  $Session = {
>                carts => {
>                    main => [],
>                    newcart => [
>                         { code => 'foo', quantity => 1, mv_ib => 'products' },
>                        ],
>                },
>             etc => 'etc.',
>        };

Hi - just a quick query here. am i right in thinking that if i want to
add a new key and value to the shopping cart data scructure it is pretty
straightforward? I am considering going with a one shopping basket
solution and just having something on the basket page to indicate that
an item ordered was ordered via the "quick catalog order" option. I'm
thinking that it should be possible for me to put something like
quickorder => 1 in the perl structure and then access it on the basket
page with [item-quickorder]. Am i right in thinking this and if so could
you tell me the correct syntax?

thanks

John Allman