[ic] ic + postgres newbie problems

Rick Eicher II interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Oct 10 09:22:00 2002

> Hi List.
>
> I'm having problems getting the foundation store running under Debain
> 3.0, Interchange 4.8.4, and PostgreSQL 7.2.1. It all "just works"
using
> DBM, however with Postgresql, what I found was lots of errors like:
>
> - - - [11/October/2002:01:32:10 +3700] - - table 'products' failed:
> DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  Relation "products" does not exist
> at /usr/lib/interchange/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 1370.

Did you check to see if the DB and tables (relation) exists? Try these
three commands:

psql foundation
\dt
\q

Do this as the user setup to connect to the DB for your catalog. You
will need to use the name of your DB for this catalog. If all goes well
you should be able to connect to the DB and see the list of tables. It
should have a table for products. This is just one of many ways to check
out your DB.

If the DB does not look right I would go back and remake your catalog.
Watch for any errors while doing so. You might have to drop your broken
DB (dropdb).

Rick