[ic] Storable Module.

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Oct 10 10:12:00 2002

mike karthauser wrote:
> on 10/10/02 12:29 pm, Joachim Leidinger at jojo@blackpoint.de wrote:
>

>>It seems to me, you have to build perl with WITH_GDBM=YES once more
>>again from the FreeBSD ports. In my experience, gdbm is more stable than
>>DB. Make a quick test and remove _db_storable and _session_storable from
>>your interchange directroy (the directory with the file
>>interchange.cfg). Did that helps you?
>

> I have deinstalled and reinstalled perl5.8 with GDBM.

It seems to me, you have more to do than that.

> http://kiop.brightstorm.co.uk/cgi-bin/demo1/admin/login?mv_session_id=ycp2HD
> LX&mv_pc=1&destination=admin%2findex

Very strange! If I click the above link, I get the UI page, but at the
second times, I get the internal server error.

>>Internal Server Error
>

> I restarted the ic server - deleted '_session_storable' directory - but
> there was no '_db_storable' within the interchange directory.

Can you install IC from scratch once more again? Deinstall and remove IC
and make a test with

wich perl
perl -v

and

/usr/local/bin/perl -v

If /usr/local/bin/perl is the newst perl, use it.

Add a new user like interch and directory for that user (for example
/home/interch).

Go to the source directory of IC and type (as root)

make clean
/usr/local/bin/perl Makefile.PL
make
make test
make install

Install IC in to the directory /home/interch/ic48x.

After that, use

chown -R yourinterchangename:yourinterchangegroup /home/interch

su - yourinterchangename

cd /home/interch/ic48x
bin/makecat (create a shop foundation for the test)
bin/interchange -u (or bin/interchange -u -r for the restart)

If some perl Module is missing, there are some cause of
failure, if you install some missing perl Module from the FreeBSD ports
system. The one cause is the old version of /usr/bin/perl. If you don't
need the old perl version, use

use.perl ports

to get the newest perl via the command

perl -v

after that, you can install the missing perl Module from the ports.

Good lucks!

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[leidinger@bpanet.de]