[ic] a little guidance, please

Nick Maguire interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Oct 10 10:51:00 2002

> Do you know what the "Auto Populate" is for on the same screen.

>It looks at all of the categories and product groups defined for
>products in your products tables and populates those navigation elements
>based on that.  It's great if you are just starting out.

When I tried auto populate it worked for a few product groups and categories
then stopped.

I ended up with less than 1/100th of the products.txt table being used
before the new nav was published. Hence most of the categories/groups were
missing :(

I have 1000+ products and eventually manually made the naviagtion. However
on close inspection the auto populate failed (i think) due to the fact i was
using XL to make the tab delimited file. When I opened it up in a text
editor it had become full of whitespace and """""". I put it down to this
reason that auto populate didn't work right.

Scrub your products table if your gonna use the auto populate function. It's
a great function to get you started. Just a tip :)