[ic] Re: adding extra information into the shopping cart structure

Jerry Brady interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Oct 10 11:11:01 2002

John Allman wrote:

>Thanks to both jerry and racke - [item-modifier quickorder] works just
>fine! I'm not too sure how these modifier things work but am i
>right in
>thinking that i could somehow use the form submission process to mark
>quickorder=1 instead of the nasty bit of perl i currently
>have? Also can
>somebody explain the difference between AutoModifier and UseModifier?
>
>thanks
>
>John

I use:

<INPUT TYPE="checkbox" NAME="[modifier-name hotdip]" value="Y">

in one of my checkout pages to set a modifier to let me know if the item
is needed urgently by the customer.  This works in within the context of
the [item-list] directive and will automagically get the form field name
so that your modifier value gets set upon submit or refresh of the page.

- Jerry