[ic] Barlink

Schuyler Langdon interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Oct 10 11:54:01 2002

Chris wrote
> Hey guys/gals
>
> Where does barlink come into play OTHER THAN in the category_Vertical
file?
> And what does it do as it relates to links on the navigation (left hand
> side) area?  Is this something that I can edit or look into.  I am still
> trying to get the gremlin that adds quotes (3 to many) to my links on the
> left hand navigation.
>
> Here is an example of how my left hand TEXT navigation is parsing out:
> "<A

HREF=""""http://foo-anycart.com/~Foo/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/scan/st=db/co=yes/sf=c

ategory/se=Bra%20Accessories/va=banner_image=/va=banner_text=.html?id=hC8aSH
> Tq"""" CLASS=""""barlink"""">Bra Accessories</A>"
>
> Chris

Bar_link takes arguments so that it is customizable. In the context of the
Foundation's category_vertical you could do something like this:

[cat-exec bar_link]cat <a class=""""barlink""""
href=""""$URL$"""">$ANCHOR$</a>[/cat-exec]

Out of curiosity, what is the benefit of the extra quotes?

--
Schuyler Langdon
GatorDefv