[ic] Help On FullURL yes Directive

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Oct 10 12:13:01 2002

At 10:09 AM 10/10/2002 +0530, you wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>Can any one please let me know how to use this "FullURL yes"  for
>multiple catalogs
>
>running on the Interchange Server. I am able to configure this for one
>catalog
>
>and its worling fine. I configured this FullURL directive with the help
>of Mike
>
>The configuration in interchange.cfg is as follows,
>
>FullURL  yes
>Catalog       store /home/gvijeeth/catalogs/store /cgi-bin/store
>www.domainname.com/rcc
>Variable SCRIPT_REPLACE /store
>
>And the script in the Vend::Server.pm which is given by mike.
>
>But when I install a new store its not working. Its giving Undefined
>catalog error.
>
>I am using Interchange 4.8.6 on Redhat 7.2 with Postgres database.
>
>Also I tried to configure the rewrite rules Even this is working fine
>with one
>
>catalog per  domain, the configuration is as follows
>
>ScriptAlias /shop/ "/var/www/shop/"
>RewriteEngine On
>RewriteRule    ^$      /shop/testing/index.html       [PT,L]
>RewriteRule    ^/$     /shop/testing/index.html       [PT,L]
>RewriteRule    ^/index\.html$      /shop/testing/index.html   [PT,L]
>RewriteRule    ^/shop/testing/.*   -  [PT,L]
>RewriteRule     ^/.*images/*.*   -       [PT,L]
>RewriteRule     ^/.*interchange/*.*   -       [PT,L]
>RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://shop\.domainname\.com$
>
>Can anybody please help out ??
>
>Thanks in Advance
>
>Vijeeth

Not sure I understand what you are attempting, but just to review, the
intent of the FullURL directive ***as I understand it*** is to allow one IC
server to run multiple catalogs with the same script name (i.e.: CGI_URL),
provided of course that each is accessed with a different URI, i.e.:

http://www.domain.com/cgi-bin/store
http://www.myhome.com/cgi-bin/store
http://store.domain.com/cgi-bin/store

...would be three different catalogs on the same server. The Catalog
directives in interchange.cfg might look like this:

Catalog  store /home/domain.com/catalogs/store  /cgi-bin/store
Catalog  store /home/myhome.com/catalogs/store  /cgi-bin/store
Catalog  store /home/store.domain.com/catalogs/store  /cgi-bin/store

Note that they could all share the same actual cgi link file; Interchange
would determine which CATROOT to use based on the full URL of the http request.

Does it work? Dunno, never tried it. Am I wrong about all of this? Quite
possibly ;-)

- Ed L.

463 Main St., Suite D         eCommerce | Consulting | Hosting
Placerville, CA  95667        edl@newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (530) 622-9426 Fax