[ic] Re: adding extra information into the shopping cart structure

John Allman interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Oct 10 12:44:01 2002

Ed LaFrance wrote:

> At 04:24 PM 10/10/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>
>> Jerry Brady wrote:
>>

>>> I use:
>>>
>>> <INPUT TYPE="checkbox" NAME="[modifier-name hotdip]" value="Y">
>>>
>>> in one of my checkout pages to set a modifier to let me know if the item
>>> is needed urgently by the customer.  This works in within the context of
>>> the [item-list] directive and will automagically get the form field name
>>> so that your modifier value gets set upon submit or refresh of the page.
>>>
>>> - Jerry
>>>

>> Hmmm - i dont appear to have a [modifier-name] tag. i put it in my
>> page and looked at the source and i could see <input type=hidden
>> name=[modifier name quickorder] value=1>
>

>                                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> That's a typo - if that is what you actually have on the page, then
> there's your problem. Should be:
>
>         <input type=hidden name=[modifier-name quickorder] value=1>
>
> - Ed L.

That was a typo. I do have

<input type=hidden name=[modifier-name quickorder] value=1>

on the page. when i view the source of the page i see precicely this -
[modifier-name] does not appear to have been interpreted by ic.

thanks

John