[ic] updating address book, mv_check versus mv_click

Jeff Dafoe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Oct 10 17:13:00 2002

I am working on a "save shipping address" feature that updates the
appropriate entry in address_book.  I am experiencing difficulty saving
address book entries.  I believe this is due to my lack of understanding of
mv_click and mv_check.

I have code that is basically as follows:

=====
[userdb function=get_shipping nickname="test2"]
<form action="[process]" method=POST>
...form fields including s_nickname
</form>

[button name="mv_check" value="Save Shipping"
src="/html/assets/images/changeUpdate.gif" border=0 hidetext=1]

[set Save Shipping]
   mv_todo=return
   mv_nextpage=myAccount
   [userdb function=set_shipping nickname="test2"]
[/set]
=====

This code is supposed to save the form values to the test2 element of the
address book.  The test2 element does exist in the address book, it just
never gets updated.  The output is "Sorry, the page () was not found".  If I
change the button name to "mv_click" the myAccount page is properly
"nextpaged" but the address book is still not updated.

I have read the mailing list and all of the documentation with regards to
the address book, mv_click, and mv_check.  I feel I have two independant
issues.  One is my inability to get IC to go to the appropriate page when
using mv_check as my action.  The second is my inability to get the
set_shipping userdb function to set the appropriate address_book entry.  Any
insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff