[ic] Help On FullURL yes Directive

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Oct 10 19:02:02 2002

At 11:53 PM 10/10/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Ed LaFrance [edl@newmediaems.com] wrote:
> >
> > Not sure I understand what you are attempting, but just to review, the
> > intent of the FullURL directive ***as I understand it*** is to allow
> one IC
> > server to run multiple catalogs with the same script name (i.e.: CGI_URL),
> > provided of course that each is accessed with a different URI, i.e.:
> >
> > http://www.domain.com/cgi-bin/store
> > http://www.myhome.com/cgi-bin/store
> > http://store.domain.com/cgi-bin/store
> >
> > ...would be three different catalogs on the same server. The Catalog
> > directives in interchange.cfg might look like this:
> >
> > Catalog  store /home/domain.com/catalogs/store  /cgi-bin/store
> > Catalog  store /home/myhome.com/catalogs/store  /cgi-bin/store
> > Catalog  store /home/store.domain.com/catalogs/store  /cgi-bin/store
> >
> > Note that they could all share the same actual cgi link file; Interchange
> > would determine which CATROOT to use based on the full URL of the http
> request.
> >
> > Does it work? Dunno, never tried it. Am I wrong about all of this? Quite
> > possibly ;-)
> >
>FullURL does work - I use it myself.
>
>The Catalog directive shown above is incorrect.  In FullURL mode, the
>script name would need to change from "/cgi-bin/store" to
>"www.domain.com/cgi-bin/store".  It would also be a good idea to add
>"www.domain.com:443/cgi-bin/store" as an alias.
>
>Of course, you'd also need to change the site names.  Your example
>shows three sites, all called 'store'.
>
>I would suggest the following:
>
>     Catalog domain directory /home/domain.com/catalogs/store
>     Catalog domain script    www.domain.com/cgi-bin/store
>     Catalog domain alias     www.domain.com:443/cgi-bin/store
>
>     Catalog myhome directory /home/myhome.com/catalogs/store
>     Catalog myhome script    www.myhome.com/cgi-bin/store
>     Catalog myhome alias     www.myhome.com:443/cgi-bin/store
>
>     Catalog store  directory /home/store.domain.com/catalogs/store
>     Catalog store  script    store.domain.com/cgi-bin/store
>     Catalog store  alias     store.domain.com:443/cgi-bin/store
>
>You can create a single line (per site) with all the Catalog information,
>but I prefer to split it out.
>
>Have fun. :-)

Kev -

Of course, that makes perfect sense; looking back at my example, there was
nothing that informed IC as to which catalog was associated with each
domain! Duh!!

- Ed L.

463 Main St., Suite D         eCommerce | Consulting | Hosting
Placerville, CA  95667        edl@newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (530) 622-9426 Fax