[ic] Re: 4.9.3 CVS

Jim Balcom interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Oct 10 20:36:01 2002

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Salvador Caballe wrote:

SC>>Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 23:29:23 +0000
SC>>From: Salvador Caballe <salvador@caballe.net>
SC>>To: interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
SC>>Subject: Re: [ic] Re: 4.9.3 CVS
SC>>
SC>>
SC>>
SC>>> Is there by any chance an old interchange version running
SC>>> the test ?
SC>>>
SC>>> Try make clean before ./configure.
SC>>>
SC>>> Bye
SC>>>     Racke
SC>>
SC>>I do  make clean
SC>>
SC>>Same problem,
SC>>
SC>>I get all files  from interchage server by CVS
SC>>in a new directory.
SC>>
SC>>
SC>>
SC>>server/inetmode.......Unknown directive 'TagDir'
SC>>In line 3 of the configuration file 'interchange.cfg':
SC>>TagDir 0
SC>>
SC>>
SC>>not ok 4
SC>>link/inetmode.........not ok 5
SC>>server/control........not ok 6
SC>>ok 6
SC>>6 tests run -- 6/6 failed.
SC>>make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 1

I have version 4.6.3 running in a production store. When I tried to install
4.8 I encountered similar errors to yours. I went to another server and
tried to install 4.8 but got errors. I found later that I had installed 4.6
as a backup.
At Barry Treahy's suggestion (which was GREAT) I went to a virgin server and
it installed just fine.

Following my experience, I'm guessing that you have some conflict between
4.8 and 4.9. I don't know what - I haven't bothered to dig it out, I just
threw more hardware at the problem.

-= Jim =-

                   .-.
                   /v\
                  // \\
                 /(   )\
                 ^^ - ^^
          > Phear the Penguin <
              L  I  N  U  X

Tagline for Thursday, October 10, 2002 at 20:25 PM:
No one ever said "if I'd only spent more time in the office"

This Linux System has been up 1 hours