[ic] ups zone file

Jon interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Oct 10 21:54:00 2002

webmaster@lynlinks.com wrote:

> I have uploaded the latest ups zone and rate charts but having a tough time
> making them work.  Can someone run through the ABC's of configuring the zone
> and rate charts so ic picks up the correct zone & rates?  Also, is there a
> way to edit the zone chart through the admin UI?
>
> colt

    Off the top from a not to experienced ICer.......

Modify shipping.asc to utilize the new zone you created from the
carrier's (e.g UPS, FedEx) web site.   Also point to the correct rate
table (again from carrier) in shipping.asc.  Create the RateTable.csv.numeric
file which you can copy from another. Assuming you're using MySQL create
a dbconf/mysql/RateFileName.dbm file that points to the rate file.  Add
the new rate entry name from shipping.asc to 'us' (for USA) in the country
table.
I have been using the admin interface for this part only.  Be sure to
stop/start the server.  And that about does it.  I tell ya, it is a bit
confusing to figure out the first time but after that not much to it for
simple already been done stuff. And there are a number of examples in the
archives.  I've been able to get accurate look up for UPS, USPS, and FedEx
so far.

Jon