[ic] Re: adding extra information into the shopping cart structure

John Allman interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Oct 11 04:44:21 2002

Ed LaFrance wrote:

> At 05:47 PM 10/10/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>
>> Ed LaFrance wrote:

>>>                                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>>
>>> That's a typo - if that is what you actually have on the page, then
>>> there's your problem. Should be:
>>>
>>>         <input type=hidden name=[modifier-name quickorder] value=1>
>>>
>>> - Ed L.
>>>
>> That was a typo. I do have
>>
>> <input type=hidden name=[modifier-name quickorder] value=1>
>>
>> on the page. when i view the source of the page i see precicely this
>> - [modifier-name] does not appear to have been interpreted by ic.
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> John
>

> It will only work when enclosed in an [item-list][/item-list], and
> there needs to be at least one item in the cart, and presumably it
> would need to have an existing value for quickorder, and UserModifer
> quickorder needs to be in catalog.cfg (and the catalog needs to be
> reconfiged). Have you met all those condititions?
>
> - Ed L.

No - I haven't. It is not enclosed in [item-list][/item-list]. But
there's no need for an item-list tag on my quickorder page. Perhaps i'm
missing something. I want a form to order a product (which i've got) and
at the same time set the value of the quickorder modifier to 1 (to
indicate that it was not ordered by the usual process). at the moment i
have some perl in mv_check which sets quickorder=1 for the newly added
item. Is this a situation where i can/should use modifier-name?

thanks

John