[ic] Help On FullURL yes Directive

Vijeeth interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Oct 11 07:27:00 2002

> Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 09:11:20 -0700
> From: Ed LaFrance <edl@newmediaems.com>
> Subject: Re: [ic] Help On FullURL yes Directive
> To: interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
>
> At 10:09 AM 10/10/2002 +0530, you wrote:
> >Hi All,
> >
> >Can any one please let me know how to use this "FullURL yes"  for
> >multiple catalogs
> >
> >running on the Interchange Server. I am able to configure this for one
> >catalog
> >
> >and its worling fine. I configured this FullURL directive with the help
> >of Mike
> >
> >The configuration in interchange.cfg is as follows,
> >
> >FullURL  yes
> >Catalog       store /home/gvijeeth/catalogs/store /cgi-bin/store
> >www.domainname.com/rcc
> >Variable SCRIPT_REPLACE /store
> >
> >And the script in the Vend::Server.pm which is given by mike.
> >
> >But when I install a new store its not working. Its giving Undefined
> >catalog error.
> >
> >I am using Interchange 4.8.6 on Redhat 7.2 with Postgres database.
> >
> >Also I tried to configure the rewrite rules Even this is working fine
> >with one
> >
> >catalog per  domain, the configuration is as follows
> >
> >ScriptAlias /shop/ "/var/www/shop/"
> >RewriteEngine On
> >RewriteRule    ^$      /shop/testing/index.html       [PT,L]
> >RewriteRule    ^/$     /shop/testing/index.html       [PT,L]
> >RewriteRule    ^/index\.html$      /shop/testing/index.html   [PT,L]
> >RewriteRule    ^/shop/testing/.*   -  [PT,L]
> >RewriteRule     ^/.*images/*.*   -       [PT,L]
> >RewriteRule     ^/.*interchange/*.*   -       [PT,L]
> >RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://shop\.domainname\.com$
> >
> >Can anybody please help out ??
> >
> >Thanks in Advance
> >
> >Vijeeth
>
> Not sure I understand what you are attempting, but just to review, the
> intent of the FullURL directive ***as I understand it*** is to allow one IC
> server to run multiple catalogs with the same script name (i.e.: CGI_URL),
> provided of course that each is accessed with a different URI, i.e.:
>
> http://www.domain.com/cgi-bin/store
> http://www.myhome.com/cgi-bin/store
> http://store.domain.com/cgi-bin/store
>
> ...would be three different catalogs on the same server. The Catalog
> directives in interchange.cfg might look like this:
>
> Catalog  store /home/domain.com/catalogs/store  /cgi-bin/store
> Catalog  store /home/myhome.com/catalogs/store  /cgi-bin/store
> Catalog  store /home/store.domain.com/catalogs/store  /cgi-bin/store
>
> Note that they could all share the same actual cgi link file; Interchange
> would determine which CATROOT to use based on the full URL of the http request.
>
> Does it work? Dunno, never tried it. Am I wrong about all of this? Quite
> possibly ;-)
>
> - Ed L.

Thanks for your reply. I am sorry for not putting my problem clearly.

I understood that Interchange will share the same script-name. I am able to share this

properly when I install it without using FullURL yes option in Interchange.cfg file as

shown below

FullURL  yes
Catalog       store /home/gvijeeth/catalogs/store /cgi-bin/store www.domainname.com/store
Variable SCRIPT_REPLACE /store
This works fine for me without showing the script-name on the URL i.e cgi-bin.

Immedialtly when I install a new store giving the servername as the same domain which is used for the

first store. The configuration in the interchange.cfg would appear like this

FullURL  yes
Catalog    store1 /home/gvijeeth/catalogs/store1 /cgi-bin/store1 www.domainname.com/store1
Variable SCRIPT_REPLACE /store
Catalog   store2 /home/gvijeeth/catalogs/store2 /cgi-bin/store2  /store2

Then I restart the interchange server. I could able to access the first store

i.e with www.domainname.com But when I try to access the second store

that is store2 by giving the url path http://www.domainname.com/cgi-bin/store2

Its giving me the error as undefined catalog.

My question is Whether Interchange using this FullURL yes option in cfg file

will support the multiple stores or catalogs on the same domainname  or not?

Thanks

Vijeeth

Catalog  store1