[ic] HTML in SQL database

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Oct 11 08:43:01 2002

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 09:00:52PM +1000, George Osvald wrote:
> I would like to simplify the file management in Interchange. I want  to run
> several catalogs from one SQL database serving HTML componets from the
> database using them in HTML pages in all catalogs. That way I would only have
> to change one component stored in SQL as text and the change would affect all
> pages using that component in all catalogs.
> For example I would put <head></head> with all the stuff within the tags into
> SQL database and in the actual pages on server side it would look like this:
> [item-data HTML head] or something similar.
>
> I wander if anyone tried this or is there a different solution giving me the
> same result?

[item-date HTML head] puts this inside ic.  I'd think that you would
be better off using any of the various page building systems and putting
your IC code inside that.  Something like HTML::Template is conceptually
similar to IC and might be a place to start.  Axkit is more flexible.
Search for those and you will find others.