[ic] Re: adding extra information into the shopping cart structure

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Oct 11 11:49:11 2002

At 09:47 AM 10/11/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Ed LaFrance wrote:

>>>That was a typo. I do have
>>>
>>><input type=hidden name=[modifier-name quickorder] value=1>
>>>
>>>on the page. when i view the source of the page i see precicely this -
>>>[modifier-name] does not appear to have been interpreted by ic.
>>>
>>>thanks
>>>
>>>John
>>

>>It will only work when enclosed in an [item-list][/item-list], and there
>>needs to be at least one item in the cart, and presumably it would need
>>to have an existing value for quickorder, and UserModifer quickorder
>>needs to be in catalog.cfg (and the catalog needs to be reconfiged). Have
>>you met all those condititions?
>>
>>- Ed L.
>
>No - I haven't. It is not enclosed in [item-list][/item-list]. But there's
>no need for an item-list tag on my quickorder page. Perhaps i'm missing
>something. I want a form to order a product (which i've got) and at the
>same time set the value of the quickorder modifier to 1 (to indicate that
>it was not ordered by the usual process). at the moment i have some perl
>in mv_check which sets quickorder=1 for the newly added item. Is this a
>situation where i can/should use modifier-name?
>
>thanks
>
>John

No, [modifier-name ...] is only used in cart iterations, much like
[quantity-name]. For what you want, use:

         <input type=hidden name=mv_order_quickorder value=1>

- Ed L.

463 Main St., Suite D         eCommerce | Consulting | Hosting
Placerville, CA  95667        edl@newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (530) 622-9426 Fax