[ic] Help On FullURL yes Directive

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Oct 11 12:00:01 2002

At 04:57 PM 10/11/2002 +0530, you wrote:

> [...]
> > >RewriteRule    ^/$     /shop/testing/index.html       [PT,L]
> > >RewriteRule    ^/index\.html$      /shop/testing/index.html   [PT,L]
> > >RewriteRule    ^/shop/testing/.*   -  [PT,L]
> > >RewriteRule     ^/.*images/*.*   -       [PT,L]
> > >RewriteRule     ^/.*interchange/*.*   -       [PT,L]
> > >RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://shop\.domainname\.com$
> > >
> > >Can anybody please help out ??
> > >
> > >Thanks in Advance
> > >
> > >Vijeeth
> >
> > Not sure I understand what you are attempting, but just to review, the
> > intent of the FullURL directive ***as I understand it*** is to allow one IC
> > server to run multiple catalogs with the same script name (i.e.: CGI_URL),
> > provided of course that each is accessed with a different URI, i.e.:
> >
> > http://www.domain.com/cgi-bin/store
> > http://www.myhome.com/cgi-bin/store
> > http://store.domain.com/cgi-bin/store
> >
> > ...would be three different catalogs on the same server. The Catalog
> > directives in interchange.cfg might look like this:
> >
> > Catalog  store /home/domain.com/catalogs/store  /cgi-bin/store
> > Catalog  store /home/myhome.com/catalogs/store  /cgi-bin/store
> > Catalog  store /home/store.domain.com/catalogs/store  /cgi-bin/store
> >
> > Note that they could all share the same actual cgi link file; Interchange
> > would determine which CATROOT to use based on the full URL of the http
> request.
> >
> > Does it work? Dunno, never tried it. Am I wrong about all of this? Quite
> > possibly ;-)
> >
> > - Ed L.
> >

>Thanks for your reply. I am sorry for not putting my problem clearly.
>
>I understood that Interchange will share the same script-name. I am able
>to share this
>
>properly when I install it without using FullURL yes option in
>Interchange.cfg file as
>
>shown below
>
>FullURL  yes
>Catalog       store /home/gvijeeth/catalogs/store /cgi-bin/store
>www.domainname.com/store
>Variable SCRIPT_REPLACE /store
>This works fine for me without showing the script-name on the URL i.e cgi-bin.
>
>Immedialtly when I install a new store giving the servername as the same
>domain which is used for the
>
>first store. The configuration in the interchange.cfg would appear like this
>

>FullURL  yes
>Catalog    store1 /home/gvijeeth/catalogs/store1 /cgi-bin/store1
>www.domainname.com/store1
>Variable SCRIPT_REPLACE /store
>Catalog   store2 /home/gvijeeth/catalogs/store2 /cgi-bin/store2  /store2
>
>Then I restart the interchange server. I could able to access the first store
>
>i.e with www.domainname.com But when I try to access the second store
>
>that is store2 by giving the url path http://www.domainname.com/cgi-bin/store2
>
>Its giving me the error as undefined catalog.
>
>My question is Whether Interchange using this FullURL yes option in cfg file
>
>will support the multiple stores or catalogs on the same domainname  or not?

Since FullURL is a server-wide directive, I think you need to specify the
extended scriptname for all catalogs, i.e.:

FullURL  yes
Catalog    store1 /home/gvijeeth/catalogs/store1 /cgi-bin/store1
www.domainname.com/store1
Variable SCRIPT_REPLACE /store
Catalog   store2 /home/gvijeeth/catalogs/store2
/cgi-bin/store2  www.domainname.com/store2

...?

- Ed L.

463 Main St., Suite D         eCommerce | Consulting | Hosting
Placerville, CA  95667        edl@newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (530) 622-9426 Fax