[ic] Verisign connectivity

Fred Pope interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Oct 11 13:10:02 2002

Look hard through tht earchives, the information is there. Someone wrote a
really good description of how to do it, I cannot remember their name, but
it worked for me. You could probably do a search on threads by user with my
name and find the information that you need since I lost a few hairs over
this one getting it up and running initially and posted like a crazy man.

You will not need a cert to connect to Verisign, but you will need to
install the cert that they give to you. You should also be able to just
create a self signed cert anyways untill you get the real thing.

Essentially, you just need to have the proper entries in the variable.txt
file in the products directory. There are a couple of things that you need
to add, like your usernam, partner, vendor, and password and then you need
to make your payment mode as signio. If I am correct, there is not too much
more to it than that and installing the client appropriately from Verisgn
that you get with the SDK but refer to the article that I referenced above.

You will need to have 443 open to try the connection as that is what the
verisign client connects over.

Once it is running, it is easy but be aware that the module has little to no
fraud prevention, so watch your orders carefully. If you get a suspicious
charge, it will still go through. This goes for any type of online card
processing though, set up a system to audit charges if you do not want to
get burned. BTW....Yes, I have been burned.....once.

Good Luck.
------

   _/       _/    _/   Satcom Resources
  _/_/_/   _/_/_/_/    http://www.satcomresources.com