[ic] Length of Text field added to price

Daniel A. Shockley interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Oct 11 13:39:01 2002

Hello,

I have an option that is a Text Entry field called inscription. I
need to add the following to the item's price: length of inscription
* $1.50

I currently used the following code to display the additional price:

Before the cart item-list:

[item-list]
[if-item-modifier inscription]
     [item-calc]
         my $line = [item-increment];
         my $cart = $Carts->{main};
         $line--;
         $cart->[$line]{insc_length} = length("[item-modifier inscription]");
         $cart->[$line]{insc_price} = 1.50*length("[item-modifier
inscription]");
         return;
     [/item-calc]
[/if-item-modifier]
[/item-list]

Then, in the cart's item-list, I have the following:

[if-item-modifier inscription]
    Number of characters: [item-modifier insc_length]<BR>
    Price of inscription: [currency][item-modifier insc_price][/currency]<BR>
[/if-item-modifier]

So, how can I modify CommonAdjust to include the insc_price, added to
the regular item-price?

Some of these items may have no inscription at all, so it should
fallback to the regular price.

Thanks in advance for any advice

--
----